Conservation of Land and Resources
PLACE Designers realizes that as a custodian of the land and scarce resources, we have a responsibility to design thoughtfully and sustainably.
- Respect for Natural Features We fully understand and accommodate the natural features we find on our projects, including topography, wetlands, aquifer recharge zones, waterways, heritage trees, solar angles and protected habitat. PLACE Designers incorporates these features into each project in a thoughtful way.
- Density makes the best use of available utilities, transportation networks, and while conserving and preserving natural environments, all while enabling walkability, facilitating social interaction, improving quality of life, and reducing reliance on automotive transportation.
- Beauty If something is not beautiful to see and to use, it will not be fully utilized. An empty building is not good for the environment, and a building that must be replaced before its time is harmful as well.
- Composition Utilize tried and true, readily available materials (local where possible) in a tasteful way rather than encumber our clients with unproven, complicated and economically challenging umproven solutions.
- Economy We provide our clients with projects that are financially feasible to build, operate, and transact.
- Durability Our projects are designed for the desired lifespan of the project. Styles and materials are selected to last and remain desirable for the anticipated period of use, reducing replacement costs and landfill waste.
More to come soon. If you want to get in touch please let me know! Thanks for reading!